OPERATIONS UPDATE FROM CYC COMMITTEE & MANAGEMENT
The time has come for us to take further steps within our club and sailing community to do our part to slow the spread of COVID 19. Until now we have been able to continue our operations by encouraging additional hygiene standards and social distancing, and we thank all members for their good humour and consideration in meeting those changes. It is now socially responsible for us further postpone planned activities and operations until such time as they can be safely enjoyed once more. The CYC Committee met virtually on Monday evening to decide our path forwards. Please see a list of club operations and activities and their status below.
In this time of great change and uncertainty, the communities we are part of become all the more important. The challenge for us as a club is how to support and check in on each other without physically meeting to pursue our shared passion. We encourage you all to stay in contact with your fellow members and sailors during this time of potential isolation, to consider who the vulnerable members of our community may be, and to reach out for support if you need it.
All further scheduled operations of the Sailing School have been cancelled, and refunds for partially completed or future programs will be given. Unfortunately Sailing School boats will not be available for use until further notice. The annual powerboat course usually scheduled for Autumn/Early winter will be postponed, but if you would like to be notified of future dates please contact the office. If you, or a member of your family are currently enrolled in a program and have not heard from the Sailing School staff in the next few days then please contact Fergus at email@example.com.
BOAT HIRE - Closed
OFFICE & BOAT SHOP
Until further notice, open Monday to Friday 9.30 - 4.00pm, Saturday 9.30 - Midday.
The Canberra Yacht Club 2019 2020 Presentation Night
The presentation evening was scheduled for Sunday May 3rd, and clearly cannot proceed in its usual format, with gatherings banned and venues closed. We still intend to celebrate the successes and contributions of this season, so look out for further updates on this via email, and the CYC Facebook and Web pages.
In the meantime, we would like to ask for nominations for the major award winners, noting that it is all the more important to recognise members contributions at this time.
Brewing Winter Series
We still have over a month to the scheduled start of the Capital Brewing Winter Series, and while it is very unlikely to begin on May 3rd, at this stage the intention is postpone race by race, as required by the then-current health advise. The CYC & Sailing committees will discuss regularly to re-assess all scheduled racing.